English as a Second Language
The word alone strikes fear into many a heart! Few of us have happy childhood memories about grammar! Yet grammar is nothing more than the instruction book of language.
Our grammar program and related exercises are incorporated to varying degrees into our conversation and writing courses.
Grammar books and exercises can also be used for homework assignments (answer key provided). During your class, your teacher will ensure that you are able to use the assigned material in your conversations or in your writing work, thereby maximizing your conversation time.
Help students speak, and by the same token, write proper English by respecting the rules of the language. Understanding the structure of English enables students to express themselves more easily and spontaneously as they gain confidence and knowledge that they can also apply in their writing. These exercises are lively and realistic. Our approach to grammar encompasses conversation, comprehension, writing, and reading.
We use three grammar books at three different levels. Each book includes a variety of oral and written exercises and presents grammar concepts in a clear, easily understandable way. Exercises for independent study give students an opportunity to practice on their own. We round out the course with a variety of conversation themes.
- Ensure that students know and are capable of applying the rules of English grammar
- Allow students to refresh the knowledge of English they may have acquired in the past
- Strengthen student confidence with a thorough review of grammar
- Eliminate shyness about speaking English
- Help students absorb vocabulary and English expressions
- Stimulate English conversation and the use of new knowledge and material
- Develop automatisms with respect to English so that students think in English when speaking the language